Thursday, February 27, 2014

"I Stand all Amazed" The Greatest Gift!

This has been a hard one for me to decide on!! After much prayer and a quiet drive to my hubbies work yesterday I think I have finally decided how I will present this wonderful song and sacred message to my kiddo's!! I want to be able to touch their hearts in a way that they will not forget and can remember the message this song represents!
To start out discussion I am going to ask the kids to name some of the best gifts they have ever received! I will have 6 wrapped gifts sitting on a table next to me. Following our "best" gift discussion I will tell them that we are going to learn a song today about THE GREATEST gift we have all received!!
I will pick a helper to come up and pick gift number 1. Each gift box will contain what follows:


GIFT #1 Ephesians 3:19, a heart, and the word strip "I Stand all Amazed at the Love Jesus offers me". We will read and discuss the scripture and what it talks about, which is Christ's love, and then sing word strip #1. We will then post this by a picture of Christ and go on to #2

GIFT #2 1 Corinthians 16:23, pic of people boating on the sabbath to discuss Grace and how HF knows we will make mistakes and he still loves us, Word strip #2 "Confused at the GRACE that so fully he proffers (extends) me". We will post and sing strip #2 and move onto gift 3

Gift #3 Matthew 27:22, large nails, discuss the crucifixion, word strip #3 "I tremble to know that for me he was crucified". Post and sing, Move onto #4

Gift #4  1 Peter 2: 23-24, a crown of thorns or whip, Word strip 4, "That for me a sinner, he SUFFERED, he bled and died". Post and sing!


We will then discuss if this makes us feel wonderful? The response should be no! I will then move on to open gift #5 to share with them why the gift of Jesus's life is WONDERFUL for us. This gift #5 will include: Pic of Christ in Gethsemane. We will discuss how he suffered for all of our sins so that we can repent for all things and be forgiven. I will then read John 3:16

 12 years ago we lost our son in an auto accident. His pic will be in the box, after I read this scripture I will CRY, CRY, CRY, and discuss how through the atonement I will see my son again, how through this gift we can live again in Heaven and with our families forever, Last, to tie this in will be a tissue and how the atonement has made it so Jesus understands all our pains and will comfort us when these hard things happen in our lives. Deep, but very real and I hope that the children can feel and understand the message that I share.


We will then move on and uncover Gift #6, which is my 6ft life size figure of Christ pictured above. The Chorus will be attached around his neck and we will sing it in closing!! Oh it is Wonderful that he should care for me enough to die for me! Oh, it is WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL to me! That is how I am introducing verse #1. #2 will be a special piano piece and #3 will be the congregation joining in so I will teach this one and sing it throughout the year so that they learn it, but I am not going to spend lots of time on it!!
This has always been one of my favorite Hymns and has brought great comfort to me in my life. My goal is to reach out and bring the sweet spirit and WONDERFUL message to these sweet children of our HF. I love this calling and this opportunity to teach this AWESOME message. Thank you for letting me share, Happy Singing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment