Thursday, February 20, 2014

Lights, Camera, ACTIONS!!

Wow, where has the week gone? I can't believe we are already to Thursday!!! I promised pics two days ago and am just getting around to putting them on here. This weeks singing time will be a review for us. We will be doing an activity I did with singing time when I was chorister years ago. It was a real hit with the kids then and I am hoping for the same results.
They say that kids learn well when  actively involved. I have found this to be a true statement!! Last week was our first week for "I will Follow Gods Plan." I used the GPS idea you can see in a previous post. It went really well and the kids caught on quite quickly. This week we will review the song and words by adding our own actions. This will help to reinforce the words for the kiddo's and hopefully we won't need the pics for the song after we get done with this week.

To Start this one out I will be splitting the kids into 4 separate groups. Each group will be getting an envelope like the ones pictured here. To print the clapboard you can right click on the one above, save image as, and then print. I just glued these onto 4 large manilla envelopes.

Each envelope has words from the song.
#1My life is a Gift, my life has a Plan
#2My life has a purpose, In Heaven it began
#3My choice was to come to this lovely home on earth
#4and seek for Gods Light to direct me from Birth

Each group will get their envelope. When I say go, they will each  have about 5-7 minutes to come up with actions for their part of the song.





When time is up each group will show and teach their actions. For the remainder of the song I will add on the paper plate version that is shown HERE.
 For a fun touch I will bring in my director chair and choose reverent children to get a turn to direct from the chair. I plan on having my husband record each group as they show their actions and as we put it all together. We will watch this on another Funday Sunday! Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for taking a peek!! Happy Singing!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment