Friday, February 7, 2014

Salt Dough Cookies (Nursery Choosing Time)

This week in Nursery I will be using these cute Salt Dough hearts for singing time. This is easy to put together and I think the little ones are going to like it. I will use the heart wands I made last week so that they can lead the songs and wave them around as we sing.
To put this together you will need an old cookie sheet or you can purchase a small one from the Dollar Tree. I painted my cookie sheet with red spray paint. While it was drying I made up my salt dough. The recipe is 1 C Flour, 1/2 C Salt, and 1/2 C water. You mix this together and there you have it. Roll this out about 1/4 in on a floured surface and cut out your hearts. You then bake these on an ungreased cookie sheet, 250 for 2 hours. After my paint dried on the cookie sheet I attached 3 magnets to the back. Pictured below:
You can find these at Wal mart for $1.97. These will hold my cookie sheet on the chalkboard. After this is done you have your cookie sheet ready for the cookie cut outs. I painted my hearts and then stuck a magnet on the back of each of them so they can stick to the cookie sheet.
I wrote my songs on the back of each heart and stuck them to the cookie sheet. We will be singing Do as I'm Doing, Popcorn Popping, Happy Family, I am a child of God, Head, Shoulders, Knee's and toes, and The Itsy Bitsy Spider.
There you have it. Something cute and simple that the little one's will absolutely LOVE!!! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Singing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment