Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Singing Circle

 I thought of an idea last night to help with word/song review and I think I will be trying this with my kiddo's here in a few weeks when we actually have a song to work with. We will be starting "He sent his Son" this Sunday so give it a couple of weeks and I will see how this one works out. I will have the kids sit in a big circle and starting with one child, they will say the first word of the song, it will go around the next child second word, next child third word, etc. until someone misses, when someone misses then it starts all the way over from the beginning this time starting from the child that missed. You continue this until they get all the way to the end of the song. I figure this would be a good way to measure where they are with the memorization. Maybe when they get to the end then we play some kind of musical chairs/hot potatoe type game. I will have to give that more thought and post that when I think it through some more. If you have any ideas please share! I can use all the help I can get!! My brain doesn't function like it did when I was doing this 20 years ago:) If you have a combined primary like I do then I will have sunbeams sit in between the bigger kids so they can help them when it gets to be their turn. I am not sure if this will be fun or not! Just thought it up and wanted to post it so I won't forget before I get a chance to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment