Monday, January 6, 2014

Boom Boom Balloon

Ok, here's another fun one I did with the kids to go over songs for the 2013 program! We all know as Choristers how much the kids love the whole "pop" the balloon thing. I know most of us have done that a time or two. This game is AWESOME in the fact that it takes a bit longer to get the balloon to 'pop' so the anticipation is growing throughout singing time and since its a slower process its kind of scary!!!
My kids own the game pictured here. It is called Boom, Boom, Balloon. I bought it at wal-mart for $10 and after playing it with my kids a few times and seeing the excitement it created I decided I would put it to good use in primary:) So, I made balloons out of construction paper. On the back of these balloons there were songs for the program. You either had to sing it, answer a question about it, name that tune, or fill in the blank. If the child was correct they would get a chance to go over, roll the dice and push the pokey into boom, boom as many turns as the dice came up with. I think when I do this next time, I will only let them come push a pokey in one time and not use the dice because they popped the balloon a lot sooner than I thought they would. So, as they come up and get their turn the balloon starts to burst but doesn't pop right away so they get so excited just waiting for it to pop. This was really fun for the kids and it was a GREAT way to review all the music we were doing for the program. It could also just be used on a fun day to do different songs if the kids need a break from the program music!! I also told the kids if they popped the balloon before the end of singing time they would get a treat! I gave them all a Blow "POP" for popping boom, boom!! Thanks for coming and Happy Singing!! Please feel free to ask if you have any questions on anything and I will get back with you as soon as I can.



No comments:

Post a Comment