Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Spring Singing!! Easter Singing Ideas

Spring is in the air here in AZ and I wanted to post a few singing time ideas for the season before I head out of town here in the next couple of days!! I can't believe it will be  April when I get back!! Where is the time going? I just can't keep up anymore!!
I just love SPRING! The season of new life, and beauty! I have found some cute ideas on the internet that could definitely be turned into singing time fun and I wanted to share my thoughts and ideas with all of you! Please take a peek and share your thoughts as well!! I love the feedback and to see how others are using and creating their own ideas to make Singing a JOY for the primary children! I believe we have a very important calling and I am grateful for the opportunity to teach these sweet spirits the gospel through music. 
That being said, I would like to share this wonderful message with you given by  Dallin H. Oaks in a 1994 conference talk click HERE 


Now, down to business!!! I have found TONS and TONS of ideas on the internet that can be turned into singing time activities!! You don't even have to be creative anymore... It is everywhere you look! I am going to share a few links and my ideas on how you can use these games for singing time. If you have any other ideas please share with me as well!!! 


1.) This is an Easter Egg hunt like no other!! With this one you just follow the easy steps on the link, put your songs inside and hide the eggs for the kids to find. Once they find them, they crack it open and the song to sing is inside. Follow the link and scroll down  HERE  for an easy, fun, egg filled singing time!!

2.) This is a version of the Plinko game but used with plastic Easter Eggs. It seems pretty simple to make using this method. I think you could drop a plastic Easter egg from the top and either have different songs in the slots below or using the point method as shown in the link. If you do points you could have them drop the plastic egg to determine the amount of points they can earn and then maybe pop a balloon to determine the song they have to sing to get the points. Check out the link HERE

3.) This one is another way you could do an Easter Egg hunt using plastic eggs with the songs inside. Just give clues and see if the kiddo's can guess where they egg is hiding. Have someone from the presidency walk a child to get the egg and the kids have to sing the song inside. If they find all the eggs, sing well and fill an egg carton by the end of singing time then reward them with a small treat. 

4.) This is your good old matching game but used with plastic and felt eggs!! Check it out HERE
 This is an oldie but goodie and seems rather easy to put together. I know this would definitely be a hit with Jr. Primary. They just pick two eggs at a time and try and match up the colors. Once the colors are matched then the songs are matched and the children sing the song on the felt egg. 

5.)This last one I would like to share with you today is something I know my kiddo's would absolutely LOVE. They really seem to enjoy competition. This one can get a little rowdy. I think with activities like these we just have to remind the children that we will have to stop playing if they can't control the volume. This one is a balancing egg race. The kiddo's would come up, two at a time and grab a plastic egg out of a basket. Each egg has a song inside. On go, the kiddos will have to balance their egg on a spoon and walk to the finish line. Whichever child crosses first wins and we open and sing the song inside of their egg. Check out the link HERE

I was just thinking of another game the kids would like sort of related to the egg race but maybe not as rowdy. You could have the children roll their eggs down a homemade ramp and whichever egg wins, we would open and sing the song inside. I know this would be a BIG hit in my primary. 
 Lots of people may be concerned with the reverence involved or not involved with some of these kinds of activities. I think we just have to remind the children if they don't sing and if they can't control their excitement then we will have to stop and then we really have to reinforce it so they know that we mean business. I have found the children to do really well and to sing their very best when they are having fun and learning at the same time. I think first and foremost, that we know our primaries better than anyone else and if we see these activities as being too much for our kiddo's then we need to refocus and plan accordingly. 

Thank you all so much for stopping by! Please, always feel free to share with me your thoughts, good or bad on the ideas that I present here. I love to hear others thoughts and ideas as well!!! Happy Spring Singing Everyone, chat with ya all again in APRIL!!


 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment