Friday, April 10, 2015

"I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ" with props

Happy Friday!! I don't know about all of you but I am so ready for the weekend! It has been a long weeeeeeek. My car decided to break down and so we have been shuffling around with one car. That is quite the task with 2 kiddo's in school and activities but it all worked out and my AWESOME hubby fixed my car so we are back in business.

I posted my idea on teaching the song of the month but I have been thinking up other ways this could be presented. There are already tons of awesome ideas out there on the internet and facebook. You can take a peek at a few of those Here, Here, Here and Here.

I was thinking since this is such a short song it would be a great one to teach using children and props. The kiddo's always like this idea because it is hands on. I like it because you can easily rotate the children and props around, so the kids are having fun, being involved and learning the song at the same time. So, to teach this particular song I would have a child come up and hold their prop to go along with each part of the song. It would go as follows:

1.) You would start out by blowing up this pic and having your 1st child come up and hold it for all to see. You would then teach this part of the song. I belong to the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

2.) What does an owl say? Who, Who,
I know WHO I am (you can even make this fun and have the kids "who" like an owl on that part:)
I know Gods plan
I'll Follow him in faith
I believe in the Savior Jesus Christ
How do we close our prayers? In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. We honor Jesus name. So, for this one you can have a child stand with their arms folded in prayer:

I'll honor his name
I'll do what is right
I'll follow his light
His Truth I will PROCLAIM!!

Once you have gone over each part, you can do things like shuffle the kids around and have the children put them back in order, hide a child/prop and have the children figure out which child/prop is gone and what the words were with that prop, etc

This is a pretty low prep activity and could be put together quickly on a Saturday evening. I hope this is helpful to anyone in need. Happy Singing everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment