Wednesday, January 21, 2015

"So, now I've been called to Chorister, how do I conduct music?" LDS Course

I know there are many of you out there that have been called to be Chorister, and like me 23 years ago, have never directed a song a day in your life! We are called and accept and then we wonder "what did I just do?" Then, "I don't know the first thing about conducting music." and then it hits us,  " I can't even carry a tune" (don't worry, once you've been in there for awhile  you sound just like the kiddo's anyway!) It's all good!
Did you know that the church has a book that teaches you everything that you need to know about conducting music?  Nope, me either! Lucky for me my Grandma was the chorister in my ward growing up and she gave me a quick lesson and I dove right in!


I found this awesome book on LDS.org. It has lots of helpful info for those just starting out. Click Here
for this AWESOME book of wonder!


Welcome to your new adventure! This is the very best calling out there and  you are going to LOVE it! Happy Singing,

The Barefootchorister,



No comments:

Post a Comment