Thursday, March 26, 2015

"A Walk in the life of Christ" Easter Presentation

Ok, so here are the ideas I have put together for Sr. primary on Sunday. I am not sure if I will do the same with Jr primary, though it would be easiest with set up, but, like I said in yesterdays post, EASY is not in my vocabulary. No wonder I am CRaZy....
'This is just a basic outline of my ideas. I kept wanting to do something fun and simple but when I think about the atonement, I just feel that it's important to help the children feel the spirit and understand what our Savior did for us. What better way to do that than through music.

To start out I always like to find a theme. Once I have that, I can start to form ideas around it. The theme I have picked will be, "A Walk in the life of Christ." First thing I want to do to build on this is make a pathway in the primary room with stones. This pathway will go by 7 different displays. Remember, this is a rough draft of all my ideas coming together. Just another example of my brain being much farther ahead than the rest of me:) I will take and post pics when I am all finished.


The plan is for each display to be covered by a "Gold" painted box. As the children come into primary that day I will be handing out 7 scripts for them to read. I will start off by having Child #1 come join me on the pathway by display #1. We will take off the box to show the display. The child will then read their part and we will sing the song that goes along with the display piece. Below are my ideas on the displays, the scripts and the songs.





DISPLAY #1
 SCRIPTURE: LUKE 2: 4-12

SONG: AWAY IN A MANGER PG. 42


DISPLAY #2 VIDEO CLIP Here 

SCRIPTURE: LUKE 2: 40

SONG: JESUS ONCE WAS A LITTLE CHILD PG. 55




 DISPLAY #3

SCRIPTURE: MATTHEW 3: 13-17

SONG: BAPTISM PG 100




 DISPLAY #4
SCRIPTURE: LUKE 5: 3-10

SONG: VIDEO Here 
The Miracle by Shawna Edwards
Sing Along


 DISPLAY #5

SCRIPTURE: MATTHEW 26: 36-46

SONG: GETHSEMENE VIDEO Here



DISPLAY #6
SCRIPTURE: LUKE 23: 33,46

SONG: I STAND ALL AMAZED HYMN 193


 
DISPLAY #7 EMPTY TOMB


SCRIPTURE: MARK 16: 6-7

SONG: HE IS RISEN HYMN 199


This is my outline. I will be putting everything together and typing out the scriptures for each display. I will include a Google drive on those when I am done so you can use them if interested. Thank you for stopping by to take a peek. I hope everyone has an AWESOME Easter!!!

You can click Here 
To get a copy of the Scriptures that I used. I printed them out on card stock and laid them by each display. We would have a quick discussion on the display and then a volunteer would come up and read the scripture that went with the display. My pianist would immediately start playing the into for the song following the scripture and we would begin singing. This made it flow beautifully.


Here are a few pics of my Displays:
I had these footprints all over the walls

These are 5 of my displays. I wish I had put some cute curtains up on the chalkboard to fancy it up a bit but I had run out of time
(Yes, that is an oragami Dove sitting on the Pic of Christ's Baptism:) One little girl called it a dragon, so cute!!

I added a few extra items with pictures to help the children get a better fill for what happened in each situation


He is Risen!!! Nothing fancy, but the kids loved looking in the Tomb and seeing that it was empty

I think we are always so afraid of less participation when we do the more serious activities but this really proved me wrong. The kids were so involved the whole time and the spirit was definitely present in the room!! It was all that I hoped for!

No comments:

Post a Comment