Wednesday, October 8, 2014

"Slimey Songs"

Good Morning Everyone!!! Ok, it is afternoon already but my brain is telling me it's still morning (yawn!) I just wanted to throw out another quick singing time idea for the month of October. I did this with Jr./Sr. last year and they really loved it! It's way simple with a PREP RATING of about 2 and a FUN rating of about 10:)

We all know how kiddo's LOVE slime. For this activity I just made me up a big "ole" batch and threw me some plastic creepy crawlies in there from the Dollar Tree. The page numbers for the songs were written on each creature and the kiddo's had to come up on their turn and dig one out. It's simple, FUN and messy!  You may want to have a roll of paper towels or wipes handy for this one.


SLIME RECIPE:
1 C CORNSTARCH
1 C WATER
FOOD COLORING OF CHOICE

ADD MORE WATER AND CORNSTARCH AS NEEDED TO GET THE CONSISTENCY YOU WANT!

This is one you can do with both Jr/Sr. I used it with both groups and it was a big HIT with both. Thank you for stopping by, Happy singing this week for all!



No comments:

Post a Comment