Tuesday, December 10, 2013

So excited about my new calling!!

Yay, I have been called as our ward primary Chorister!! It has been 23 years since I have done this job in the church and I have to say it is one of my very favorite! Things sure have changed after all these years. (Oh my gosh, I feel so old saying that.) I will keep this blog as a reference to ideas and to hopefully connect with others and all of their "awesome" talents in teaching children's music! When asked if I would accept the call to serve as our ward primary chorister I recalled how much I had enjoyed the calling years ago. I then realized how old I am when I failed to think of some of the creative, fun things I had done in the years past. I went onto Pinterest and I can not believe all the ideas on there. There was like one web page to help me when I served (primary page) and that was it. I will use this blog to share ideas and to hopefully connect with others who serve in this AWESOMELY fun calling.
Why the Barefoot Chorister? They say when speaking to a child get down at their level. When I do the music I take off my shoes so the kids feel me getting down to their level and they know we are going to have a good time. I'm not sure about you but it's hard to hop around in "Stelletos" when singing Do as I'm Doing or try reaching your toes during Head, Shoulders, when you add on that extra 5 inches. I love teaching and am so excited for this new adventure! I will try and keep up with the times. Please bear with me as I give this whole blog thing a try! Happy Singing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment