Saturday, May 9, 2015

Mama Cakes

I have a cute idea I will be doing tomorrow to celebrate Mothers Day. This may be a bit more prep than others are looking for at this last minute but I have been so busy and my brain has been so overloaded that I was not able to think up an idea until this morning while I was lying in bed being lazy!! It seems that meditation and quiet brain time have become a special occasion these days! Its actually quite scary!! Perhaps we should all take time out and remember this sweet talk by Dieter Utchtdorf Here. I know I need to!!

So, as I lay and contemplated a theme for Mothers Day, my mind kept wanting to turn to FOOD, sugary, sweet, fattening yummy's. I guess you can't really call it food can you? Its basically food for me, but not everyone else:) Maybe if I had actually gotten my behind out of bed and eaten something, OOEY, GOOEY GOODNESS, wouldn't have been the only visions dancing in my head this morning!!! However, I was able to come up with a cute idea while visions of YUMMY's danced around up there!

I will be putting the idea on here and posting pics later today/tonight as I get everything put together. Hopefully we aren't looking at midnight before this is complete!

To begin: Draw a huge recipe card on a white poster board. You can purchase this for .33 at Wal Mart! The following will be written on the card

Recipe: Mama Cakes (things that make a MOM the best in the world)

For the ingrediants you will post a small pic/symbol by each word on the recipe card and these are the symbols that the children will look for to find the ingrediants hidden around the room.

Ingrediants:
1.) LOVE: You will have a child walk around and find the baggie that has the heart symbol. It will have some sugar in it and a strip of paper with the song and a quote: "No love is greater than mom's love."  Song: (Love one another Pg. 136)  You will have someone read the quote and then they sing the song. Once this is complete you will have the child dump the sugar in the bowl and move on to the next ingrediant.












2.) FLOWERS: "A Mother is like a flower, each one beautiful and unique." Song: (I Often go Walking Pg. 202 1st verse) Ingrediant: Flour



3.) Babies: Mama's love their babies!! "I'll Love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be." Song: (I Am a child of God pg.2)  Ingrediant: Dash of salt







 4.) Bake Goodies: Mama's bake Yummy stuff. "Happiness is ...baking a cake." Song: (Popcorn Popping Pg. 242.)
Ingrediant: Brown Sugar






5.) Good Examples: "To the world you are a Mother, but to your family you are the World." Song: (Love is spoken here Pg. 190) Ingrediant: Baking Soda





6.) Eternal Queen: "There is no role in life more essential and more eternal than that of Motherhood." Song: (Families can be together Forever Pg. 188) Ingrediant: Egg




When you mix all of these characteristics together you get the end result!! AN AWESOME MOMMY? Mommy Cake, that is:)


I will then pull out a baking sheet filled with these cute little mini cupcakes for the kiddo's. They will each get one for doing so well  and take one to their MOMMIES!!! Happy Singing and HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!













No comments:

Post a Comment