Thursday, January 15, 2015

"A Singing Disaster" I Know my Savior loves Me Verse 2

Happy Thursday! I hope everyone is having an AWESOME week! I started the first verse of "I Know my Savior Loves Me" last week using my "Greatest Treasure" idea. It was a huge success and the kiddo's really enjoyed hunting for their TESTIMONY treasure.
 In sacrament meeting the opening Hymn was, "Be Still my Soul." I had received some bad news on Saturday night and as soon as the congregation started singing this beautiful hymn, I started crying and could not stop. I was able to relate to the children how, when we sang that song in sacrament, it touched my heart, I felt the love my HF has for me, and I knew he was telling me everything was going to be ok. We then discussed how this song is their testimony and how when they sing this for the program they will be sharing their testimonies with their parents and touching their hearts and the hearts of others that may need to hear the message that very day, like I did with the opening hymn that morning.

For verse 2 this week, I will be taking a different approach on Testimony. To start out we will have a Wiggle song! You all know the one.

The Wise Man and the Foolish Man


The Wise man built his house upon a Rock,
The Wise man built his house upon a Rock, 
The Wise man built his house upon a Rock, 
and the rains came a tumbling down. The Rains 
came down and the floods came up, the 
rains came down and the floods came up, the 
rains came down and the floods came up, 
and the house on the ROCK stood still!!!

Discussion will go something like this: Today we will be learning the 2nd verse of "I know my Savior Loves Me." I will do a quick run through  of verse 1  to remind them what the treasure was that we found last week and how this song is their TESTIMONY. I will then discuss how the 2nd verse is about where we are today and how we are learning so that our testimonies can grow. I will then discuss our wiggle song and how our Testimonies help us to build our house/life on a solid foundation so that when the storms of life come, we can stand strong against them.

I will then start teaching verse 2 using these pics:

Now I am Here in this Beautiful Place,
Learning the Teachings of Jesus

Parents and Teachers will help guide the way,

Lighting our path every day,
Wrapped in the arms of my Saviors Love, 
I feel his gentle touch,
Living Each day I will Follow his way,
Home to my Father above!

To download and use my word doc: Click Here




To reinforce our discussion on how our Testimonies help to build a Solid Foundation in our lives,  I will use a motivator through out singing time. It will include these easy items and go like this:

After teaching each phrase, if the kids sing their very best, they will get to come up and roll the dice.

Depending on the number rolled, they will get to add blocks to their Testimony/Foundation wall. They will get to roll and build through out singing time, depending on their participation!!! I don't know about you but my kiddo's love MOTIVATORS!!!

At the end of singing time, this "Disaster" will come and we will see if the wall we built can withstand the storm! This is a blower that I have for a jump house. You can use any kind of blower, leaf blower, fan, anything that blows air. I am excited to try this, I know the kids are going to LOVE it!!!

Matthew 7:24-25 "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the Rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the Rock!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment